Wedding Day


It was the day I have always dreamt of, the day perhaps every girl dreams of. That’s right, her wedding day. I have been planning for this day since the past 3 months. Every single detail has approved by me, everything from the location to the kind of water that will be served at the wedding, it’s sparkling water, by the way. I remember the menu taking up most of my time because my fiancé is a picky eater. I had to make some tough decisions but in the end it all worked out. I had the perfect wedding planned. My fiancée hadn’t contributed a lot and I honestly didn’t mind. However, one day, he told me, “Darling, you have planned everything for this wedding and I cannot be more grateful.” You should be! All you did was planning your own bachelor party. He continued, “I only ask of you for one thing that you let me choose the cake. A wedding cake symbolizes good fortune and a good life ahead and I want it to be the most memorable cake of our lives.” This is exactly why I’m marrying this guy. It’s the little things that he does. After almost little to no thought, I agreed. I remember watching him meticulously decide what colour the frosting will be, how the cake will be decorated and even the kind of edible glitter that would go on top of it. It was adorable.

Here I am, at the reception, I have said my vows, I have proclaimed my undying love for my now husband and so did he. Everything has gone perfectly and as planned. Now is a time for us to rejoice and celebrate our unison. Everybody has only said wonderful things to us today. This is perhaps the best day of my life. Everyone’s excited and happy for us, as are we. Finally, the time has come. The time I have been excitedly waiting for. Time to cut the cake. My husband cuts a piece and decides to feed it to me. He says, “Baby, I want you to be the first one to taste this cake.” I agree without any hesitation and take a bite. As I chew the cake and gulp its deliciousness, I can taste the sweet love that my husband has for me and how he is going to take care of me forever.

A slight itch in my throat! Am I feeling thirsty? Perhaps. I haven’t had anything to eat or drink anything all day. Am I feeling dehydrated? Well, perhaps that can explain why I feel so blurry. The next thing I know I fall on the ground and everyone is appalled. My husband looks at me with a worrisome face. He asks me if I’m alright. He brings his face close to my ear. Do I see a smile from my peripheral vision? No, perhaps that’s the dehydration. I see people all around me, staring at me. I see my crying mother, my concerned father who does not know what to do and… That’s when it hits my half dead brain. The cake is poisonous.

Every single detail was approved by me except the fact that my sister was also present during the cake tasting session. The same sister who once was in a relationship with my husband. I knew my husband, being the picky eater, he is, would never settle for such a weird edible glitter. She must’ve gotten it changed when no one was looking and honestly, who would even suspect such a minute detail such as edible glitter? I did but so did my husband. Was he in on it? I would never know. Well, it was indeed the most memorable cake of my life.

Comments

  1. Happy for you! Hope your wedding day was full of blessings and love. My cousin was excited for her engagement and it was a lovely party at one of the overwhelming wedding venues last month. Great food servings and best were the starters. Champagne and red wine was branded. Cake design was a three tier red flower one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A business has posted a spam comment to this blog post. The link in the comment goes to a website that submits over 100 comments per day to blogspot sites with a link to their site as an opportunity to make their site look more popular to search engines like google. If you read the comment and look at the link they inserted, you will notice it is not helpful to your readers and it doesn't even make sense to be linked other than for their own business needs. If you would like to mark it as spam to prevent them from using you, follow the instructions here: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/187141?hl=en

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 potholes in Mumbai that you MUST experience before you die! #3 will blow your car's suspension!

A Hitchhiker's Guide to Catching an Autorickshaw in Mumbai

The Pregnancy Test